HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BUILDING OF KNOX CHURCH
1866
- A frame church erected, neither finished nor occupied
1870
- Money needed to floor and plaster building
1871
- Pulpit and pews acquired and Sept. 24, building formally opened
1872
- Wm. Hood's house next to church property bought for a manse at $1000.00, later moved and currently occupied by the Maynard family.
1878
- From Feb. 4 minutes, "that we now proceed to choose pews stating what we are prepared to pay per year for the same and in case of two or more choosing the same pew, the highest bidder to have the pew." By fall, the need for more seating was recognized and a congregational meeting was called to consider the increasing of the seats or the building of a new church.
1879
- Improvements included whitewashing the church, fixing the roof and chimneys, new blinds for windows and repair of the front steps.
1885
- An organ for evening services
1887
- March 28 - a plan and canvass for a new building with $3871.00 being subscribed by Sept. 5. Discussion of location of building and a motion that the new church face Allan Street in Clifford.
1888
- Dec. 16 - Opening of new church and sheds (total cost $5000.00)
1891
- By Feb. - the new church was debt free including $200.00 on the old building
1889
- Organ to be used both morning and evening service. Within a few years a bell was added to the bell tower.
1894
- Discussion about building a porch onto the church, decided against that, replacing steps instead with proper steps costing $41.72
1895
- Extensive repairs to manse
1924
- Jan. 24 - building to be wired for hydro. Electrion Lighting Plant System thanks to prize won by Ira McIntosh
1925
- Cornerstone from Methodist Church set into the building.
1927
- Ask Presbytery for permission to dispose of manse.
1944
- Barn sold, proceeds used for furniture for manse $152.00
1949
- Hammond organ acquired, choir loft renovated. Sold a piece of the property to the village of Clifford for the water tower.
1951
- August 21 - first Memorial Sunday. Painting 'Holy Family' in memory of pioneer families. Stained glass window "The Burning Bush" in memory of the first three ministers.
1950's
- A number of stained glass windows and other memorial
1952
- Church shed rented. Aug. - memorial window placed. Pulpit furniture re-upholstered.
1955
- March discussion regarding washroom facilities. Church sheds sold.